Wednesday, December 11, 2013

REFLECTION

In the very short time I have been in the Interior Design program, six months to be exact, I have been on complete overload. I had never sketched, worked with Photoshop or the InDesign program, the learning curve has been straight up. I do feel I have come a very long way in that short period of time but I also know I have a long way to go. In the field of design you need to be able to quickly sketch an idea for a client, well for me this was no easy task as six months ago I could not sketch a stick figure. Since enrolling in the interior design program I have been tasked with line and contour drawings, hatch and value to provide depth and realism, using color to bring new dimensions to sketches, 1-point perspective drawings, 2-point perspective drawings and freehand drawings of how things work. With my sketches I used a variety of color techniques: colored pencil, water color and markers, my favorite are the water colors. I am definitely starting to feel more comfortable with sketching, I believe understanding the perspectives has helped with this. Time management has been a challenge for me, I have a large family that has relied upon me for everything up until I enrolled in the design program. Not only have I had to learn to delegate but my family has also had to learn to take on more responsibility. It was not until our first major project was due that I finally started to delegate as I was up a total of 41 hours in order to finish my project, I vowed to never to that again. I do have to say that I am very lucky as there have not been many complaints with the newly assigned duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment